What a trip it was! Kenley and I went with my mom, both of my sisters, niece Kylie, & friends Debbie and Madison. We had all planned to ride together in the borrowed Navigator, but realized that we couldn't all fit. So 2 cars it was. Kenley and I rode with Debbie, mom and all the little girls, while Christy and Missy rode together and followed us.
It's a 2 hour ride to the St. Louis Zoo, but the ride started out great. The girls were having fun playing with each other and watching movies on the DVD player. When we were almost to the exit for the zoo, Kenley starts complaining that she needs to go potty, her belly hurts, etc. I kept telling her to just hold it for a few more minutes, we'll be there soon. All of a sudden, she starts throwing up all over herself and her car seat. I'm trying to keep the mess off of her because I only brought an extra pair of pants for her. I didn't pack a shirt....not sure why! We had to pull over as fast as we could and pull her out of the car. Luckily (and I still don't know how), she managed to only puke on her jacket and blanket. Thank goodness she was wearing a jacket and it was a nice enough say to go without it! Once I was able to get her out of the jacket and clean up a bit, she was as good as new! Off to the zoo we went!
We had a wonderful day. The day could not have been any more beautiful that day. The high was 75, not a cloud in the sky. I think EVERYONE is St. Louis had the idea to go to the zoo that day as well. It was completely packed! Kenley's absolute favorite part of the day was riding the train. She liked it better than anything else!!
Here are a few pictures of the day!
The little girls... Maddie, Kenley, and Kylie
The Sea Lion Show. I've never been to one of these, I loved it! I can't believe how much they can do!
Kenley and her grandman checking out the baby giraffe.
Where are the Hippo's? This is where they normally are, but they weren't in the water today. Kenley was upset because this was one of her favorite things about the zoo last year.
This was Kenley's favorite animal of the day. She loves elephants and couldn't get enough of the baby elephant. My mom was telling the girls about the big piles of elephant poop and Kenley kept asking if elephants poop too. It was really funny, maybe you had to be there!
No comments:
Post a Comment