Visitors

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 2, 2009

10 on Tuesday

No 10 today. I'm just back from Kansas City for my great uncle "Woody's" funeral and I just don't feel like a post today. The funeral was nice and the preacher was great. Since Uncle Woody was a WWII vet, they had the honor guard there and did the whole firing of the rifles and playing of "Taps" on the trumpet. I was doing pretty well, despite being hugely pregnant and overly emotional, until the playing of Taps. I pretty much lost it at that moment and it continued as they folded the flag and presented it to his sons. We had a nice gathering at my cousin's house after the funeral wrapped up. It was really nice to spend some time with all my family that I don't see as often as I'd like. RIP Uncle Woody. You will be missed!

No comments: