I honestly cannot believe that my first 'baby' is 4 years old today. I feel like it was only months ago that I was anxiously awaiting her arrival. Kenley has grown up so fast!! We've gone from the tiny baby that was just finding her voice to a sassy little girl who never shuts up!! She's learned so much and brought SO much joy to our lives....I can't even explain it. I got teary eyed just looking through all the old pictures of her and her life yesterday.
To celebrate Kenley's birthday we will have dinner and maybe a cake tonight and she will open her presents from Justin and I tonight. Tomorrow Kenley will take cupcakes to preschool for a little party and will then go see Dr. Paula for her 4 year check up. She will get her kindergarten shots. We've talked about her getting shots, but I wonder how it will go. Friday night Kylie and Maddie will be coming over for a slumber party! Justin will be gone and Kason goes to sleep at 6:30, so it will just be us girls! I think I'm as excited as she is!! Saturday we have the big birthday at Chuck E Cheese. Kenley loves the place, so she can hardly wait! I'll have lots of pictures to share too!!
Since I didn't have this blog until 2008, I thought I would share my birth story. Here goes!
On November 18th, 2005 I went into the hospital around noon to have a pain checked out. I had been having some issues with my blood pressure and sugar in my urine, as well as RAPID weight gain. The doctor was keeping a close eye on me prior to this. When I called about the pain, Dr. Womack told me to just come in to have it checked out. I was hooked up to the monitors for a few hours before I saw my doctor. The monitor was showing regular contractions and my blood pressure got higher with each one. Once I saw Dr. Womack, she checked me and told me that I was 3 cm dilated and that I was staying to have a baby!! I was honestly a bit shocked, but SO ready to meet my little lady! After making a few calls to Justin and my mom, we moved into a birthing room where I was hooked to pitocin to get things rolling. Everything was pretty calm for a while, so she came in to break my water. That really got things going! I started to have pretty good and painful contractions, so I asked for an epidural. Let me just say that the epidural experience was a horrible experience. If you've never had one....the have a little tiny needle that they stick in your back several times to numb the area before using the 'big' needle. The anesthesiologist could not seem to get it into the correct place and I was stuck in the back more than 40 times. I was literally a human pin cushion and had problems/pain in that area for at least a month afterwards! Once the epidural was in, it was only working on one side. It took a while to get things working correctly, but once it did....it was Heaven! I was able to sleep for a few hours (it was nighttime by this point) before I was ready give birth!
Approx 23 hours after checking into the hospital, I was 10 cm dilated and ready to meet my baby girl! Justin was by my side as I pushed for 40 minutes. I gave birth at 11:30 am on November 19th, 2005 to the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen before in my life! She was perfect in every single way, including the cone head she had since she was in the birth canal for so long. I remember Justin asked Dr. Womack if her head was going to stay that way....I'm pretty sure he was freaked out by it! We were all instantly in love and still are, probably more so, to our beautiful baby girl! We couldn't be happier to have our baby girl. We love you more than life itself, Kenley Paige Conyers, and hope you have the best 4th birthday a girl could dream of!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment