So we went out to dinner with some friends and their son. We got home around 9pm and Justin ran in with Kenley and I. He left the truck running in the driveway because he was planning on going over to a friends house while I got Kenley ready for bed. About 5 minutes passed while he was inside helping let the dogs out and getting his stuff. He goes back outside to find his truck gone. I was in Kenley's room upstairs while this is happening, but he tells me he throws his hands in the air and says "What the fuck? Where's my truck". He initially thinks that our neighbor is playing a trick on him, so he is looking across the street to see if he's home....he's not and his truck is not in sight. He's checking the houses all next door to make sure he didn't forget to put it in park and it rolled into a house! Thank God that didn't happen.
At this point Justin comes back in the house and yells up to me:
Justin: Jessi, my truck is gone.
Me: WHHAATTT? Shut up!
Justin: I'm serious...it's really gone. Someone must have stolen it.
Me: Are you serious?????
I could tell that he was serious by the panic and confusion in his voice, so I grab Kenley and run downstairs to see for myself. Sure enough there is no truck in sight. About this time Carl Edwards and his lovely new wife, Kate, walk by and ask Justin if he's looking for his truck. He says "I just parked it up the street and then we hid behind your neighbors van and watched your reaction. I wanted to watch a little longer, but I was afraid you'd call the cops!!! HAHAHAHAHA. Apparently they were out walking around the neighborhood and watched us all get out of the truck. He thought it would be funny to 'steal it'....and it was. We're just glad that the truck didn't really get stolen. Now we need to think of something good to get Carl back :) :)
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment