Visitors

Popular Posts

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!


We had a great 4th of July! Kenley and I spent the day shopping with Allyson, then we went to Mike and Sherri's for a BBQ. We stopped on the way there to buy some small fireworks....Kenley was so excited! After we ate and hung out for a while, we went out front to shoot the fireworks off. The first one, the flying pig, scared both of the kids to death. It shot in the air and made that whistling noise. Kenley ran into the house crying and Kason was crying too. It took a few minutes to get them calmed down, but Kason did better for the rest of them. Kenley spent a while in the house and then finally came out to watch the 'princess tiara' fountain that she picked out. She wouldn't even get close to the road though. I sat with her on the porch and covered her ears, just in case it was loud. She actually really enjoyed it!

After we finished our fireworks we went to the 'Fire in the Sky' show. We have gone for years and Kenley has always enjoyed it. We park on the top of a parking garage and throw a blanket in the back of the truck. We all sat there and watched the show, which was pretty good! Kason fell asleep on the way there since it was WAY past his bedtime, but he woke up as soon as the show started. I think he enjoyed it too! My mom and pops met us there, and Jason and Allyson went with us too!

I really wanted to get a family shot, but it didn't happen. I did, however, get a shot of me with each of the kids. I think they turned out pretty good!

No comments: