Visitors

Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My new niece, Amelia Rae!

I am happy to announce that I have a new niece! Amelia Rae was born on October 7, 2010 and weighed a whopping 9 pounds, 1 ounce! She's a big healthy girl and she's absolutely perfect!

Some of you followers might know that my sister cannot have children. She had tons and tons of medical problems when she was younger, which resulted in her having a hysterectomy when she was 20. It's always been her dream to be a Mommy and, finally, her dream came true by the grace of God!! I couldn't be happier for my sister and brother in law!!
Today was the day! We went to court were Christy and Jeff got legal custody of Amelia. It was an emotional day for all of us, but in the end, they were able to take their new baby home! The picture above was taken at the courthouse. This was the first time Christy had held her baby girl. It was an amazing thing to witness and it's something that I will NEVER forget. EVER!

My mom holding her newest granddaughter! Just looking at this picture makes my eyes well up with tears!

And last, but not least, Kenley with her new baby cousin! We went to visit after I picked Kenley up from school because she was dying to meet her cousin. She was in love with her too! Just like the rest of us! Welcome to the family, Amelia Rae! I hope you know what a lucky girl you are! You have a family that is SOOOOOO happy to have you! You are loved by many!!


No comments: