Visitors

Popular Posts

Friday, July 3, 2009

Another trip to the Emergency Room.....


Kenley was downstairs 'working out' with Justin last night while I was upstairs giving Kason a bottle. I heard a loud 'thud' from downstairs, followed by Kenley screaming. Kenley has a little couch thing that folds out into a little bed and was playing on it. It appears that the couch was sitting next to the brick fireplace and when she flung back to lay down on the couch, she hit her head right on the corner of the brick.

There was lots of blood and LOTS of tears. We got her into the bathtub to check out the damage...we had to rinse all of the blood out before we could see the gash. It was an approx 3/4 inch gash. Not too big, but it was deep. We could see that. After contemplating whether or not to take her to the ER, we decided that we needed to go. It wasn't close to stopping bleeding.

Kenley was a champ. She didn't cry hardly at all when we got to the hospital...only when the doctor came in. He was able to use Dermabond (aka: glue) to close the wound. Thankfully we didn't have to shave anything on her head in order to do this. Here's a picture of the damage!



1 comment:

Christopher Conyers said...

Tell Kenley that if I were there I would play with her in the sand box so she could boss me around some more! LOL

Uncle Chris~